In an attempt to stay in good spirits, I decided to name this tumor so we can refer to it by name instead of always saying "the cancer." It's not that I don't want to acknowledge it, but it's just funny.
So why "Barb?" Easy. We love the Netflix show "Stranger Things" and it just seemed right that we call her Barb after poor ol' Barb in that show. Poor Barb was always around, but no one seemed to notice. And the few times they did notice, they didn't care.
That's kinda how I was about this tumor at first. I knew something was there, I just didn't care enough to make time to deal with it, so I just went on with life and ignored it, the way they all did Barb. By the time Nancy and the others remembered Barb existed, she was already in the Upside-Down. My tumor is up in my hoo-ha, and that's basically my upside down. Ha!
If you haven't seen the show, then you won't get it. But if you have, well... am I right?
If you haven't seen the show, then you won't get it. But if you have, well... am I right?
In all seriousness, tomorrow at 1pm, I have a PET Scan. It will be my first, and I'm not sure what to expect. I know they said no food or drink for 6 hours before the appointment. (WHAT?)
Also said no carbs, no sugar, no caffeine 18 hours before the appointment. (DOUBLE WHAT??)
Barb isn't going to kill me, but this lack of real food and drink is going to be what takes me out. I can't even...
No comments:
Post a Comment