Friday, September 11, 2009

We're engaged!!

Our first maternity doctor appointment was yesterday at 10am, and we were supposed to get to hear the heartbeat. Unfortunately, we didn't get too because apparently it was too early. We were both pretty disappointed about that, but we go back on the 23rd to hear it and have an ultrasound done. Anyway, after he got home from work, I was starving, so I got out of bed (I was napping) and we went to WalMart. As we were getting in the truck, he asks when Chris is getting the kids, and is clearly disappointed when I tell him he isn't getting them until Saturday evening around 5. So he hands me a gift back and says "I got you a present. May as well give it to you now since this is the only alone time we'll have anytime soon."   I set it aside and tell him "Oh stop, we'll be alone tomorrow night."    When we get back from WalMart, I am even more starving, so I'm trying to hurry and get the groceries put up so I can get something to eat. But he grabs my hand and says "Okay I can't take it anymore, come on. It can't wait."    Being my typical self, I let it be visibly clear that I was frustrated about being interrupted, but go on with him to the bedroom. He shuts the door and hands me the bag...

I sit on the foot of the bed and he hands me the gift bag again. "Open it!"   he says.  I pull all the tissue paper out, and I see a set of plastic baby keys. "Awww, cuuuute! I knew it'd be something baby related."   I go to hug him and he says "There's more stuff in there."   Oops. Okay, so I look, and see a box and some kind of shirt or something underneath the box. My brain doesn't comprehend the box, so I just pulled it out and set it in my lap. Then I see the shirt. I pull it out and it's a baby shirt. He has taken a sharpie marker and drawn a dinosaur on it, and underneath the dinosaur, wrote "Rawr."  It was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen, and I already started imagining the baby wearing it someday, and knowing that it was a homemade (made from the heart) shirt by his/her daddy. But I was interrupted from the mini-daydream by something wrote at the bottom of the shirt... "Turn inside out."




Okay, now I'm confused. Did he draw on the wrong side or something? lol. Poor Kris. I turn the shirt inside out, and see nothing until I turn it around to the other side. Then I see what I'm supposed to be looking for. He has written another message. "Will you?" 


Okay, now I'm really confused... so I ask him, "Will I what?"  I'm clueless.  Have a baby with him? I already am, lol. I look up at him and he's kinda frozen. He has a weird look on his face. Shit, he's feeling dizzy again I bet. (He has been alot here lately.) He reaches down into his pocket and pulls something out, but I don't pay attention to what til he drops down to his knee. (Again, I'm still thinking he's dizzy or something) and he opens his hand and it's a ring box. He looks terrified, and his chin is quivering, but he manages to say in a very shaky voice... "Will you marry me?"     Whaaaaaat?  O.M.G.  I don't remember what I said, if I even said anything at all. I just hugged him and kissed him over and over as he tells me how he's had it planned for a while and nothing went right with the shipping or tracking, and how he wanted to do all this at the doctor's office after we heard the heartbeat, and I just kept hugging him. Then he said,  "I was about to cry. I don't know if you saw that or not."   Of course I did. How I managed to stay dry-eyed, I have NO idea. AT some point he handed me the ring and I put it on my finger while (still) hugging & kissing him, at which point he says, "So is that a yes?"  I just nod my head yes and say, "Of course. Did you think I'd say no?"   Then he confesses that he thought that I might because of the blog, (don't ask) but suddenly none of that mattered anymore. He then told me I did it all wrong. I was supposed to open the box before I went to the shirt. That's when he opens the box for me, and inside was a pretty pearl necklace. Apparently I was supposed to be looking at the necklace and checking it out while he prepared for the moment when I saw the shirt. lol. Oops. Leave it to me to do things backwards. ;)

















That's the pearl necklace and the keys, by the way. It was a very beautiful moment until Kylie busts in the bedroom through the closet -- the main door was locked for privacy due to the moment, so she just went through the bathroom and our closet to get in. Brat. He asks if the ring is okay, and well, it's beautiful. It's a marquise cut, with one big stone, and then several stones going around it. Then like if you lay it flat, like on the table or something, on each side between the stone and the band is a heart with a diamond inside the heart. It's perfect. It's just right. And not gold! The picture below doesn't do it justice. At all...
















Then suddenly it all made sense -- why he was asking Krystle and Christina about ring carats and stuff like that at the birthday party. Why on the way to the doctor I said something about the Halloween Store and he said "Ring store?"   I was like um, no. lol That's not what I said. And he's been talking about husband stuff lately too. He even watched Bridezilla marathon last week... all that and I still didn't see it coming. Tsk tsk tsk... lol

No comments:

Post a Comment